The “out of sight, out of mind” attitude about our roofs is not uncommon. It is important for homeowners and facility managers alike to come up with a maintenance program to maximize the life of their residential or commercial roof.
- More than 80 percent of roofs are replaced prematurely
- The average building owner will spend more than $127,000 on roofing over the life of the building
- The average cost of a new commercial roof is over $40,000 (average for 10,000 square feet)
- Roof maintenance programs for commercial building owners are tax deductible
- Roof maintenance programs cost about one to three percent per year of the estimated cost of a total replacement (depending on coverage)
- A roof maintenance program can save up to 50 percent over the life of a 30-year roof compared to replacing it every 15-20 years
- A roof can leak for days, months, even years before being noticed
Maintenance package minimums
- Visual inspection including an on-site, 50 point inspection regimen
- Documentation of roof condition (photographic, digital, written)
- Quotes for recommended work
- Repairs for deficient conditions
- Routine maintenance as needed
Studies show that by using a proactive maintenance program rather than a reactive program, a roof’s average life is 21 years compared to 13 years.
Courtesy of Roofing Contractor