The roof of a building is more than its protective cover. A roof is expected to perform functions beyond merely providing a waterproof surface. This means it is important for facility executives to consider roof management and to establish a roof asset management program. Facilitiesnet has a detailed list of the steps to be taken to maintain the condition of a roof and keep costs down.
1. Collect written roof documentation
2. Maintain roof data electronically
3. Survey all roofs
4. Prepare roof condition report and priorities
5. Implement scheduled roof repairs
6. Perform semi-annual roof inspection
If you own a building and want to obtain the best value for your roof, follow these steps and contact Showalter Roofing for all your commercial roofing needs.