In your search for roofers in Glencoe, IL, we hope you’ll choose Showalter Roofing. Since 1979, we’ve built a reputation based on honesty, integrity and quality workmanship, and we hope you’ll contact us for either roof repair or replacement.
Common Questions to Consider
Replacing a roof is a costly and time-consuming project, and given its importance, here are some questions to ask yourself when choosing your roof’s new material. After all, the material will have a large impact on both the look and functionality of your roof in the long-run.
- How heavy is the roofing material and will it require special framing?
- Is it available in styles and colors that compliment my home?
- Does the material meet our local fire codes?
- Can the material handle extreme weather conditions?
- What’s the cost, life span and warranty for this material?
- Is the material permitted by our Home Owners Association?
Common Roofing Choices
With these questions in mind, here are three common roofing choices.
Asphalt shingles – This type of shingle is used in over 80 percent of residential projects. Inexpensive to moderate in cost and has good fire resistance.
Synthetic – Made from high-tech plastic polymer and resembles either wood, shakes or slate. Tends to be very durable.
Metal – Made of steel, aluminum, copper or zinc alloy. More expensive than asphalt but more durable.
The bottom line is that choosing the right roofing materials takes work and careful consideration. At Showalter Roofing Service, Inc., we are here to help answer your questions and lead you in the right direction. Don’t hesitate to call us today at 630-326-7937 to talk about your roofing needs.